Over the course of this class, I have learned many things about the power of positivity. Both of my topics helped me in some way. During first quarter my topic was romance novels. This topic really spoke to me as a reader because all of the books that I chose for the class were books that I would normally read outside of school. I have always viewed love as the key to life and reading about it consistently throughout the quarter gave me a sense of hope. For second quarter my topic was happiness. Around the start of the second quarter, I decided that I wanted to improve my lifestyle in a positive way. I planned to read about meditation, healthy eating, and self-improvement. The books from this semester have taught me a lot about life and I can honestly say that since the start of the semester, I feel a lot better.During the planning process for my project, I had many ideas. I wanted to do something related to my quarter one topic involving interviews with couples. I did one of the interviews and decided that I no longer liked that idea. Eventually, I forged up the idea to make a bulletin board. I thought it would be nice to spread some positivity in the community. Many people struggle to stay positive especially during stressful times, for example, midterm week. Anxiety and depression are common in teenagers which, of course, the high school consists of. Sometimes a simple happy image can mean the world to someone in need and I hoped to share the techniques I learned this semester with the school.
After deciding on my idea, I made a plan for the board. I knew that my first step would be to speak with Mr. Seymour. I got permission to use one of the school's bulletin boards but eventually decided that a poster would give me more artistic freedom than just a standard board. I was originally going to use sticky notes to display positive messages that students could take when they needed positivity but instead decided quotes would be a neater way to spread positivity. To add to my poster, I decided that I wanted to include a few book recommendations, from the quarter, that would help people to improve their own lifestyles. I also wanted to include other tips on meditation and healthy eating as well. I planned to use a variety of colors to make the poster stand out and attract viewers. I wanted the display to be informative and helpful for anyone who is in need of positivity.
Overall I am very happy with how the poster turned out. I think that it will spread the message of positivity around the school. I feel like some students may not get the message and instead joke about it but I think it is still beneficial. I know some kids will get the message and it might just make them think about how they want to improve their lifestyles. My goal for my project was to spread positivity so as long as my work affected one individual then I am satisfied.
I love your idea for a poster it something not everyone would think of. I can tell you put a lot of effort into it and made sure it was perfect. I cant wait to see it
ReplyDeleteLove the poster. It looks great! I hope people around school will appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteYour poster is awesome! It is clear you put the time and effort in to make this good.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really cool idea! I think that these quotes could really help someone and make their day. Really good job!
ReplyDeleteLove the poster idea! Have not seen anyone else doing something like this, thus making it unique!
ReplyDeleteYour poster was a great idea! I could tell you put a lot of effort into making it. I loved the quotes you used, seeing good messages can really boost someones day in positive way.
ReplyDeleteYour final was well thought out. I too did happiness and I agree with you when you said that many people struggle to stay positive during stressful times, like mid term week. I thin having your poster out around the school will help these students find happiness and look at their life more positive. Great work! Your poster was a great idea.
ReplyDeleteI think that is great how you got a whole bulletin board for your project!
ReplyDeleteit's awesome that you put up the poster during midterm week because I can totally agree that the school could use some positivity this week. The poster came out awesome, and I love how your topic helped you improve your life.
ReplyDeleteI asked you some questions in person, but overall I think this was a great idea, and I think it would be a huge benefit to our school if people continue to do things like this for others (and help themselves in the process!). I'll walk down and check it out in a bit.
ReplyDelete