Week 9: Quote

How to Love Yourself (and Sometimes Other People) by  Lodro Rinzler and Meggan Watterson
56-108
“We don’t become worthy of love someday; we are worthy of love simply because we exist.” (Meggan Watterson, introduction)
190 × 300  

Image result for meggan watterson and lodroThis quote is said during the introduction of the book. Meggan is describing how many people try to improve themselves in order to deserve love. Both Meggan and Lordo say how people often do not view themselves as deserving of love. In this quote, Meggan is saying that everyone deserves love just because. Some people may try to defeat this theory by saying how criminals and murders do not deserve love but that is not Meggans point. Meggan believes that people should spread love instead of hate and that it is important to also love oneself.
In today's society, many people seem to struggle with the self-confidence. Social media is possibly a big cause of this. People often compare themselves to others. That has always been a part of human life but now, with social media, people have more access into others lives. It is true that no one is perfect but many people tend to let his or her emotions get in the way of that.  Almost everyone has something about them that, if they could, they would change. Dating apps like Tinder, Bumble and many others are another issue in society. People use those apps because they are looking for a connection of some sort. The idea seems good because it is giving people more connections that they did not have access to before but it also comes with a price. Those apps lead to a lot of rejection which may affect one's view on him or herself.
For a long time, I felt like I did not deserve love. I always viewed myself as the villain in everyone's storybook. It took me a long time to find myself I now that I have, I am capable of seeing the good in myself. I have hope that I will find love someday whether it's in a month, a year or even 50 years- I have faith that love will prevail. I truly believe that love is the key to life, so I've realized that self-love is the first step to a life full of happiness.

Comments

  1. A villain?! Yikes, why? I'm glad you are past thinking that way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment