How to Love Yourself (and Sometimes Other People) by Lodro Rinzler and Meggan Watterson
179-207
Many people don't think about how important love really is. Love is the meaning behind life, the reasoning for everything. People do what they do because of love. They may love a person, object or action which has huge impact on his or her life. Even someone obsessed with money is basing it off love, love for money.
My connection to this quote may be obvious. I have spent almost an entire semester preaching the idea the love is the key to life. Many people neglect that idea and choose wealth or fame over it not realizing it's real importance. Everyone experiences the sensations of love at some point; whether it was for someone, something or themselves. I have experienced love for all three of those. I experienced an intense amount of love when my first baby sister, Samantha was born. I was the second person to hold her and instantly fell in love with her. She recently turned four and my mom always says how she is a miniature me. Its amazing getting to watch her grow up because of the influence that I have on her. As weird as it may seem, something that i love is my bed. Over the past couple years my bed has become a sort of safe space for me. When I am at home I spend the majority of my time sitting in bed whether i am reading, writing or working on artwork. And lastly I have experienced love for myself on and off for my entire life. A few years ago around this time of the year I hated myself and who i was becoming but for the past year I have really learned to love myself. Self love is perhaps the most important out of the three I listed. Love is the glue that holds life together. It is life's purpose.
179-207
“True love is the natural energy of our settled mind.”
This quote is basically the entire meaning behind this book. One of the key messages in How to Love Yourself (and Sometimes Other People) is that love is the purpose of life. The book goes in depth about both Meggan and Lordos pasts and what led to them joining. The book is filled with many insightful quotes regarding life and its meaning.My connection to this quote may be obvious. I have spent almost an entire semester preaching the idea the love is the key to life. Many people neglect that idea and choose wealth or fame over it not realizing it's real importance. Everyone experiences the sensations of love at some point; whether it was for someone, something or themselves. I have experienced love for all three of those. I experienced an intense amount of love when my first baby sister, Samantha was born. I was the second person to hold her and instantly fell in love with her. She recently turned four and my mom always says how she is a miniature me. Its amazing getting to watch her grow up because of the influence that I have on her. As weird as it may seem, something that i love is my bed. Over the past couple years my bed has become a sort of safe space for me. When I am at home I spend the majority of my time sitting in bed whether i am reading, writing or working on artwork. And lastly I have experienced love for myself on and off for my entire life. A few years ago around this time of the year I hated myself and who i was becoming but for the past year I have really learned to love myself. Self love is perhaps the most important out of the three I listed. Love is the glue that holds life together. It is life's purpose.
I love how you were able to connect such an inspirational quote to something as simple as loving your bed (and I totally agree).
ReplyDelete